Tam seems to do what I do, but with a lot more calibers. Â I have guns in several calibers, but I will put them in order of what I shoot the most, and thus what I stock the most of:
- .22LR – Rarely do I have less than 1000 rounds on hand. Â Usually several thousand. Â I go through a brick every few weeks.
- 9x19mm – It’s what I carry, so I go through a lot of it. Â I try to buy it 500 or 1000 rounds at a time.
- 5.56x45mm – I load all this myself now, so I keep a few hundred at a time for matches, then reload when I need to.
- .380 ACP – Carry this one too. Â But I usually won’t keep more than 250 rounds in stock, since I don’t shoot this as often.
- .44 Spc/Magnum – Don’t keep more than a hundred or so rounds loaded at any one time. Â I use this for shooting field pistol in IHMSA matches.
- .45ACP – Just got a 1911 this summer, and have been collecting many rounds of brass to reload.
- 7.62x39mm – IÂ typicallyÂ keep about 500 rounds on hand.
- 5.45x39mm – I have a thousand or so of this, all corrosive. Â Another 300 rounds of non-corrosive.
- 9x18mm – For the Makarov and CZ. Â I was shooting this a lot for a while, but don’t so much anymore.
- .30-06 – For the Garand. Â Club matches require buying the ammo from the club. Â Don’t keep all that much loaded, as I don’t practice with the Garand as much as I should.
- 12 Gauge – Sometimes I like to shoot trap night at the club.
- 7.62x54R – I haven’t shot much of this lately, but when I get in the mood I can go through a lot.
- 8mm Mauser – Have one box of this for if the mood ever strikes me, which isn’t often.
- .17HMR – New caliber I have added to my stocks. Â Have only shot about 50 rounds of 200 so far.
- 7.62x38R – For the Nagant revolver. Â Expensive ammo. Â I have a partial box because I will typically blow through one cylinder at the range and call it a day when the mood strikes me.
I need .308 now that I have a FAL, but my backorder for some hasn’t been filled yet. Â That is the only firearm I have for which I have no ammunition. Â I have the most number of guns in .22LR, since that’s what I shoot the most. Â I like any caliber that’s cheap, and I don’t have to reload. Â What ammunition to you keep in inventory. Â I suspect many of us are poster children for the old Brady “Arsenal License” nonsenseÂ from back in the days when they dreamed big.