Ch..ch..ch…changes

I’ve made some minor modifications to the site. The first is to provide contact info on the side bar. It’s a graphic, to prevent spam bots from collecting it and spamming me. Uncle says a lot of people e-mail him stuff, and I realized “no on ever does that for me”, then I realized it might be because I don’t list my contact info anywhere.  I also list Skype and GTalk, in case anyone would rather just talk live.

The second is to upgrade to WordPress 2.3. The third is, I’ve made some changes to some of the administrative features of my theme that had driven me bonkers for some time. You all won’t notice those. You might notice that exact time stamps are gone. Hopefully that won’t be annoying, but I have a good reason for doing that.

6 Responses to “Ch..ch..ch…changes”

1. Ian Argent says:

Thanks for that – you had mentioned contacting you a while back in a comment thread, and I couldn’t figure out a way to do so. Now maybe I will, so we can arrange to introduce my wife to firearms in my Copious Free Time (TM).

2. Clint says:

Gmail seems to be giving me fits about adding you as a contact. Any clue? Do you have a spam blocker setting that is cranked up?

Perhaps if you email me first with the address provided it may work. If you don’t, I will take it as a personal insult. You and your Yankee anti-Southern prejudices. (Just kidding, of course.)

3. Ian Argent says:

GMail chat occasionally requires some weird combos of approval – I’ve had it take some time to go through.

4. Dave thA says:

Exact time stamps are still on the RSS feeds…

So if you’re concerned about posting while at work….

I think I’ll let that one slide. RSS readers will pick it up and time stamp it regardless, I think.

6. Dave thA says:

This might also be handy, should you consider making the header graphic clickable, taking you back to the main page.

esp:

Open header.php template file.

Change from to: