I keep saying that our opponents are not against money in politics, they are just against your money in politics. To that end, Bloomberg has bought up all the free add space in the Las Vegas market from September up to October and through the election:
Nevadans for Background Checks made a huge ad buy today in Vegas, buying all of Sept. and Oct. and through election. pic.twitter.com/r8Qzz0SStE
— Jon Ralston (@RalstonReports) May 27, 2016
This effectively prevents our side from being heard on Nevada’s Question 1. Bloomberg is using his billions to silence your voices. Our voices. We’re only going to win this with grassroots, folks. We simply do not have the money to play this game at Bloomberg’s level. We have to beat him with people on the ground. If we don’t, he’s going to come back again, and again, and again, and keep playing this game until we lose half a dozen more states like California, New York, and New Jersey are lost.
So what can you do if you’re a Nevada, or even I dare say a California gun owner?
- Talk to people and make sure they understand this has nothing to do with background checks. They want the registry they can get out of all that 4473 data.
- Make sure they know Bloomberg’s proposal means even temporary transfers are unlawful. It’s literally illegal to hand a friend a gun except under limited exception.
- The proposed law is entirely unenforceable and will only result in widespread lawlessness.
- Criminals have no trouble getting around background checks. California has all the laws these people want and more, and their violent crime rate is still higher than Nevada’s.
Also, make sure people know this is Mike Bloomberg meddling in their affairs. This is no grassroots movement of people. It’s a carefully crafted illusion that you can buy if you have enough money like he does. The entire gun control movement is funded by one megalomaniacal rich billionaire who can’t mind his own damned business. If they don’t believe that, then why won’t Everytown reveal what percentage of their funding comes from Mike Bloomberg.
7 Responses to “How To Use Your Billions to Win”
- SayUncle » Buying the election - […] Bloomberg has bought up all the ad time in Nevada to push for a gun control measure on the…
- Danger signs in Nevada - […] Shall Not Be QuestionedThis effectively prevents our side from being heard on Nevadas Question 1. Bloomberg is using his…
- Episode 378 – Things get Weerd | The Polite Society Podcast - […] we are speaking of Bloomberg, it has come out today that his gun control campaign in Nevada has just…