The Final Indignity for the Departing New Jersey Gun Owner

From Evan Nappen, foremost authority on New Jersey gun laws:

Moving out of New Jersey? You still must do a “Change of Address” on your NJ Firearms Purchaser ID Card within 30 days of moving to your new out-of-state residence. (Jersey issues non-resident FPICs.) You may also choose to voluntarily surrender your FPIC. Failure to take action is a crime of the 3rd Degree. Max of 5 years in NJ State Prison for non-compliance. You can be criminally charged and extradited back to NJ.

The bridge tolls to get out are hella expensive too.

16 Responses to “The Final Indignity for the Departing New Jersey Gun Owner”

1. Ian Argent says:

Takes note.

Because of course.

And the last major toll free bridge out of NJ that I know of is getting tolled in the next year or two as part of the I 95 upgrade projects

2. Scrappy says:

I wonder how many pro-gun states would cooperate with extradition for that — probably not many.

3. Zermoid says:

Was that law back in 1990?
    Still got the card somewhere….

4. Joe says:

The day after leaving NJ, I swore that not even the good Pizza would convince me to ever move back there.

My wife and I can’t wait until our remaining family members stuck in that Leftist Sewage Bucket of NJ, have all left there after next summer.

We can’t wait to never have to visit that State, ever again.

5. Brad says:

That NJ crap is just amazing to me. Reminds me a bit of how California at one time tried to keep taking income taxes from the pensions of retirees who had moved out of State.

6. Mike says:

Thank god we escaped.

7. Peter Schiavo says:

How would they know? I left in 2006. The food draws me back every 3 or 4 years but everything else is terrible.

8. Will says:

How many of the residents of NJ know that most all the towns would go bankrupt if the State Police stopped writing speeding/traffic tickets?

This was discovered back in ’05, when they went on “strike”.

That’s not an exaggeration.

9. Chas says:

Nazi Jersey.

10. redleg says:

Still got my card when I left in ’89. No picture just a fingerprint. Come and get it statists.

• Ian Argent says:

As of 2009 or so it still wasn’t picture ID, only the fingerprinting. I don’t believe that’s changed up to today.

11. Liberated Ex-Jersian says:

If I moved out of New Jersey I’d never use my NJ firearms ID card again. Leave it up to NJ legislators to come up with some bulls#it like this. Thank God I don’t have to deal with NJ idiot legislators any longer.