Sales Spike for February

John Richardson has even more evidence that all our opponents are accomplishing is selling more guns, as gun owners, wary of new restrictions, are buying up. I would note that magazine sales do not factor in to these figures, and I’d expect magazine sales would have seen an even greater spike.

7 Responses to “Sales Spike for February”

1. David says:

I’ve been looking for a Sub2000, last year they were all over the place. Now they’re sold out everywhere and used prices are climbing.

Funny how sales are climbing and crime is dropping. What a connection.

2. DirtCrashr says:

I’m proud that some of that was me.

3. Carl from Chicago says:

Holy christ! … click on John’s links and look at the annuals for Kentucky from 2006 onward. For example,

In 2010, KY saw 2,385,579 NICS checks. The next closest state was TX with 968,071 checks.

In 2009, KY saw 2,189,578 NICS checks. The next closest state was TX with 1,014,015 checks.

These are RAW numbers. Kentucky has 4.3 million residents. Texas has 25.1 million residents.

4. Carl from Chicago says:

Note that RTC licenses in both KY and TX exempt the holder from a NICS check upon firearm purchase through FFL.

5. PT says:

I did my part but since I have a concealed pistol license I’m not included in those numbers. My dealer just fills out the paperwork, looks over the ID and CPL, and says have a nice day.

6. Alpheus says:

I guess the next step would be to try to convince gun grabbers to demand *loosening* restrictions on firearms, with the hope that this would *reduce* gun sales! :-)

7. Chas says:

I’ve never seen so many busy people working behind the counter at my local gun store as I saw yesterday. Between Obami and the tsunami it’s a good time to own a gun store.