Licensed in One Less State

Today my license from the Spokane Police Department expired.  Since Washington State requires that you apply or renew in person, I’m not going to renew.  I originally sought a Washington State license because they had reciprocity with Virginia, but I never actually used it.  Not long after, Virginia signed a reciprocity agreement with Pennsylvania, which made it a moot point.  It does get me Washington State, and as much as it sucks to lose a state, I’m not flying out to Spokane to renew a license for a state I haven’t visited since I got the license.  There’s always a Utah license if I really want Washington State.

5 thoughts on “Licensed in One Less State”

  1. I’m thinking of getting the Florida Non-Resident CCW License because they have reciprocity with 27(?) other states. And I don’t believe you have to apply in person.

  2. Wow, funny running across a mention of my humble burg of Spokane, WA and CCWs (technically they’re called CPLs now) – I recently moved across town and need to get my address changed on mine.

    If you want to carry in WA, you also have the option of getting an Idaho CCW, last I checked. This is particularly handy for people who live in either Spokane or Coeur d’Alene and commute back and forth. I’m not totally sure how Idaho is on non-resident permits, but if it’s a hot topic for you, it might be something to check.

  3. Better move if you want a Utah CCW. Non-resident permits will be drying up shortly.

Comments are closed.