Interesting

We seem to have quite a few gun bloggers who come from law enforcement families.

UPDATE: I’m updating this post for Sebastian to reflect the comments. -Bitter

13 Responses to “Interesting”

1. Robb Allen says:

In my case, that’s not quite accurate.

My father was a cop when I was first born. He got out of it when I was just an infant. In the past 10 years, he’s been back into law enforcement.

I’m being 99% honest here.

2. Mike w. says:

You can add me to that list. My dad’s not a cop, but I’ve got quite a few family members who are.

3. Linoge says:

Not quite the same, but do not forget us military-brat / ex-military types as well (bonus points for belonging to both sets).

4. Rustmeister says:

Me, too. My dad was a Memphis cop, among other things.

5. Mike Gallo says:

Add me too – I’ve got a sibling and a sibling-in-law.

6. chris says:

add me in too, my grandfather was the first sheriff of lake county FL

7. chris says:

actually great-grandfather, but still

8. Dave says:

Not a big surpise actually. A lot of pro gun folks come from families with military or police in them. One of my uncles, and one sis of mine were LEO’s, and every male member of my immediate family served in either the Army or Marines.

9. Dad’s a cop in LASD, two uncles are cops in LBPD and LAPD. All only own one or two guns, and I picked up my gun nuttery on my own. Odd how that works out.

10. countertop says:

Not a cop. And no one in the family is a cop – well, thats not true, my cousin is married to a NY City Detective, Irish guy from a long line of cops – but my Dad was a Green Beret and my father in law was in the Army for 30+ years and was pretty high ranking guy (Armor) during the height of the cold war.

11. A. Madd Mann says:

I’m not a gun blogger, but read a number of them every day. I am, however, retired LEO who whole-heartedly supports The Second! “When seconds count, the police are only minutes away” is a statement that I can personally, from experience, confirm.

Ya’ll are doing a great job! Please keep it up.

12. Tam says:

not to mention the gunbloggers who are cops…

maypeacebewithyou.blogspot.com
    jpg-expertwitness.blogspot.com
    thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com

…for a start. (…and seeing how MattG of “Better and Better” is the son of JPG of “Expert Witness”, there’s a police family with two generations gunblogging…)

13. Ride Fast says:

I’m the black sheep in my wife’s family. I’m not a cop, priest or teacher. I think they might be Irish.

My father is an attorney and every third drunk at his parties was a cop.