Obama has been embraced by American Hunters and Shooters Association, a group that claims to stand up for hunting, but who’s actual purposes is to provide cover for anti-gun politicians who want to give the appearance of being pro-sportsmen when they have never been any such thing:
â€œSen. Obama will be a strong voice an unabashed voice for America’s hunters and shooters and it is with great pleasure that we endorse his candidacy,â€ President of the Association Ray Schoenke said, citing Obamaâ€™s commitment to the traditions of gun ownership.
Let’s remember how Obama supports the shooting community again:
- Advocating that handguns be banned
- Advocating a comprehensive ban on all semi-automatic firearms
- Sponsoring legislation that makes it harder to get a license to possess a firearm, which is required under Illinois law.
- Voting against a measure as US Senator that prevents firearms manufacturers being sued out of existence because their products can be used by criminals.
- Banning any ammunition that could be used in an “assault weapon” which would include many sporting cartridges.
- Banning all firearms sale within five miles of a school or park, meaning there would be very few places in the United States where guns could be sold.
I could keep going on, but this list is getting awful long.Â This is a group that claims to support shooters.Â Anyone who believes that isn’t paying attention.