Obama has been embraced by American Hunters and Shooters Association, a group that claims to stand up for hunting, but who’s actual purposes is to provide cover for anti-gun politicians who want to give the appearance of being pro-sportsmen when they have never been any such thing:
â€œSen. Obama will be a strong voice an unabashed voice for America’s hunters and shooters and it is with great pleasure that we endorse his candidacy,â€ President of the Association Ray Schoenke said, citing Obamaâ€™s commitment to the traditions of gun ownership.
Let’s remember how Obama supports the shooting community again:
- Advocating that handguns be banned
- Advocating a comprehensive ban on all semi-automatic firearms
- Sponsoring legislation that makes it harder to get a license to possess a firearm, which is required under Illinois law.
- Voting against a measure as US Senator that prevents firearms manufacturers being sued out of existence because their products can be used by criminals.
- Banning any ammunition that could be used in an “assault weapon” which would include many sporting cartridges.
- Banning all firearms sale within five miles of a school or park, meaning there would be very few places in the United States where guns could be sold.
I could keep going on, but this list is getting awful long.Â This is a group that claims to support shooters.Â Anyone who believes that isn’t paying attention.
11 thoughts on “Obama Endorsed by AHSA”
Is this for real, or just another one of those cleverly disguised anti-firearms organizations put forth in camoflage to pretend to be a group of “reasonable gun owners” in favor of more restrictions. There have been lots of those … and they rarely end up having any real hunters or shooters as members.
Yeah, what I thought. He’s a shill for the Brady Handgun Control folks who wants gun owners to stand up against the NRA ….
F*****g politician who wanted to be governor of Maryland.
Oh, they are real alright. Any minute Bob Ricker will be on to discuss all the members AHSA has, and how we’re all a bunch of whacko gun nuts.
Schoenke = Ricker = despicable fucking liars.
I think you might be misunderstanding the name. It’s “American hunters”, as in “the most dangerous of game,” man, and “shooters” association. Haven’t you ever read an article when a cop is involved in a justified SHOOTING?
THOSE are the shooters involved, those, as David has named them, “only ones.”
I hate to admit, but I don’t really know what you’re getting at.
Well, if there was any doubt as to where Obama stood on firearms, this endorsement certainly cleared it up…
I think Tom’s referring to that short story, “The Most Dangerous Game“.
Under that idea, the AHSA literally hunts and shoots Americans. That’s a big step up from the Turkey Federation.
Comments are closed.