Much of the State of the Union was going up and down in the Bing audience live ratings that allowed viewers to vote every five seconds during the speech. But I noticed a very interesting trend among all parties and both genders when President Obama started talking about gun control.
The average rating during his gun control rant was -75, and I never saw it drop lower at any other time during the speech.
UPDATE: Commenter Tim adds important context to the dramatic drop in support from viewers:
Fox News just stated that the largest spike in votes for the “Bing Pulse Tracker” occurred when the President began talking about gun control (+ 1 million). To see the highest spike in votes turn into highest dislike rate during the entire address is very telling of how Americans really feel.
44 Responses to “Bing Measures the SOTU Gun Control Debate”
- Instapundit » Blog Archive » BING MEASURED AUDIENCE REACTION TO STATE OF THE UNION, and it tanked during the gun-control discussi… - [...] BING MEASURED AUDIENCE REACTION TO STATE OF THE UNION, and it tanked during the gun-control discussion. [...]
- Classical Values » What I missed - [...] I miss President Obama’s State of the Union [...]
- SOTU: 2nd amendment | Boulder is a Stoopid Place - [...] Bitter in Guns: [...]
- Get ready for round 2: Obama pushes gun control at state of union speech - INGunOwners - [...] Here's a neat graph - Bing's measurement of opinions on the SOTU speech during the gun control rant. …
- They deserve a vote - [...] Measured the SotU - on Gun Control: Bing Measures the SOTU Gun Control Debate | Shall Not …