Losing in Every Way Imaginable

Our opponents, with their freshly unsuspended Twitter account, have been busy resisting the temptation to violate Twitter’s terms of use by completely ignoring bloggers. Lesson learned, I guess. Either way, today I noticed this bit come across the old Twitter feed:

I knew nothing of this GoodSearch thing, so I decided to look it up. Turns out it’s a way to generate donations to your favorite charity by doing searches, and they have a LOT of charities listed, including in our issue. So let’s take a look and compare at the totals raised since they signed up with GoodSearch.

It must suck to not have any real grassroots. Hell, I would think CSGV staff could generate a better showing than $11.45 cents. With inflation these days, that won’t even pay for a night of take out in DC.

7 Responses to “Losing in Every Way Imaginable”

1. Freiheit says:

“$11.45 cents” is this kind of like Verizon math?

2. Bitter says:

Fixed it for him.

3. David says:

4. BornLib says:

“It amazes me that people are still dumb enough to install toolbars that will bomb you with ads.”

5. Tango says:

Schadenfreude!

6. TXGunGeek says:

They may lose it in the fundraising department but they use it well for organization. In the fight for campus carry here in Texas they used social media to rally their forces to harass legislators when the chips were down.

7. David says:

“A. The toolbar is optional. Browsers like Chrome and Firefox that have integrated search engines work fine without it. Or you can just search from their homepage like we did back in our caveman days.
    B. Goodsearch says their toolbar is adware free. Do you have evidence to the contrary?”

Nothing in life is free and no one gives away money. It’s funny how many “adware free” toolbars are loaded with crap. Nothing is free.

1. GoodSearch | Where Angels Fear To Tread - [...] »   GoodSearchBy Patrick, on June 7th, 2011 | Skip to commentsSebastian put me onto some­thing I didn’t know about.Last year…
  2. SayUncle » They’re losing - [...] Anti-gunners losing at social media and fund raising. [...]