The Heating Seeking .50 BMG

It slices, it dices, it can julienne your carrots from 50 miles away, and it’s heat seeking too. Not only that, it can cook a deer with a single shot! Mention Patricia Eddington, and we’ll knock 20% off list price!

Of course, API rounds are already illegal in New York and New Jersey, and regulated quite strictly at the federal level, but don’t except Assemblywoman Eddington to tell you that.

Here’s the QuickTime for people who can’t view the YouTube.

It amazes me that the media just repeats this nonsense without bothering to do the least bit of fact checking.  People make fun of Arlen Spector for coming up with his magic bullet theory, but he’s got nothing on the opponents of the .50 BMG.

10 Responses to “The Heating Seeking .50 BMG”

1. Thirdpower says:

Isn’t that the same type of rifle that has the thing that goes up?

Hee hee.

2. Danno says:

Wonder if she knows what “Incendiary” means. Wonder if she knows what “Heat Seeking” means. (Obviously not from the context of the video clip).

Wonder if she knows what a “barrel shroud” is. Last one proposing such incredibly stupid legislation didn’t even though it was IN THE BILL!

3. Micheal says:

The best part was the statement,”The NRA wil CLAIM the right to own and bear arms”. Here was foolishly thinking it was an absolute right. It is folks like her that really piss me off,no the bullets aren’t heat seeking,yes, one can and does hunt with .50BMG’s,and no,it doesn’t cook deer,becuase any intellagent hunter wouldn’t hunt deer with this rifle. They would hunt beers,perhaps moose, or even the occasional Democrates with it.

4. Bitter says:

They would hunt beers

Beer hunting… I don’t think there would be much left of your chosen game unless it came in a keg. But then you have to watch out for the keg poaching laws being enacted in many states due to increased metal prices.

5. SayUncle says:

still can’t watch your vids.

6. Skip says:

All stupid mistakes aside, she obliviously hasn’t experienced the sheer dick-hardening joy of shooting a .50 BMG!!

7. Ahab says:

You know what? I want one of those. I *hate* field dressing deer, I really do. I want my rifle to field dress, clean, and cook my deer for me.

Heat seeking incendiary bullets? What is this, Judge Dred?

Bitter can’t either. Next time she’s here, I’ll see if I can discern exactly why video doesn’t work for some people here.

9. Alcibiades says:

She also doesn’t seem to know the difference between the bullet and the cartridge as a whole. (Judging by the way she holds her fingers to indicate the length of the cartridge.)

10. Greg Morris says:

Well, for small game, you have these. If they just made ’em incendiary…

1. SayUncle » Liars, ignorant or retarded? - [...] You be the judge. In other news, I need to get me some them heat seeking, incendiary rounds that…
  2. MBC Blog » Blog Archive » Torvi liikkuu ja käy pyydykseen - [...] ilmapiiriä taas voi haistella vaikkapa täällä. Pätkän alussa esiintyvä rouvashenkilöhän on tuttu blogin pitkäaikaisemmille lukijoille [...]
  3. SayUncle » More on teh stupid - [...] those heat seeking, incendiary 50 calibers? Probably not, because that’s made up. But Tam snarks: Makes you wonder why…