You’ll Be Shocked, I Know

YouTube shooter evaded California’s magazine ban:

She fired a total of 20 rounds, apparently killing herself with the last round. In this case, poor marksmanship did more to keep the number of dead and injured low than California’s gun laws. Magazine limitations hurt defenders more than offenders. Attackers have the advantage of planning ahead, and can bring reloads with them. They aren’t likely to be concerned with discomfort. My jacket right now would hold 8 to 10 spare magazines. I could probably fit three or four extra in a pair of Khakis. But I’m not going to do that as a defender, because it’s uncomfortable and heavy.

I don’t want clueless politicians artificially limiting the magazine capacity of my pistol for the same reason the cops don’t: I don’t get to pick and choose where and under what circumstances I might need a gun. An attacker does.

11 Responses to “You’ll Be Shocked, I Know”

1. CarlosT says:

This is such a “no, duh” headline to gun people, but somehow it’s going to become another “loophole”. Ugh.

2. Patrick Henry, the 2nd says:

I’m SHOCKED of course.

The VT shooter used 10 and 15 round mags and killed over 31.

The Parkland shooter supposed used 10 round mags, and killed 17.

Mag limits are worthless.

• StephanA says:

Any law is worthless. Criminals do not follow the law. last time I checked Murder is still illegal.

• Brad says:

The Columbine killers fired the most shots from a 9mm Hi-Point carbine using a bagful of 10 shot magazines.

3. Mike says:

Hey, just a reminder, you only have 81 days left to let the ATF know how feel about the proposed Bumpstock rules.

Please go comment and comment often – https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ATF-2018-0002-0001

4. Ken says:

OT, but a Bloomberg Bitch just attacked an underage girl in Texas.

Councilwhore Kellye Burke, the vicious attacker, can be reached at 713-662-7469. Give her a call.

5. Chuck Noland says:

Clearly, we are going to need to add PETA members to the NICS database

6. Brad says:

The reporting on the specifics of this crime are as usual, pretty poor from the press. It is always challenging for me to find accurate details on these incidents.

About all that is absolutely known, is that the shooter used a “S&W 9mm” handgun that she legally bought herself in San Diego, and that she fired 20 shots from two 10-round magazines.

I strongly suspect the shooter used a S&W SD9 VE handgun, which in California comes with two 10-shot magazines.

Coincidentally, the same model handgun (though probably the 16 shot version) was carried by that Democratic Illinois terrorist when he shot up those Republican Congressmen in 2017.

Odds are both terrorists bought that S&W 9mm just because it was one of the cheapest models commonly available for retail sale.

7. Will says:

She was counting her shots? Most people have real difficulty keeping track of rounds fired during defensive use of a gun. Maybe “hunting” like she did was enough different it wasn’t a problem? It sounds odd.

8. Chas says:

The 30-round ban is a stepping stone to a 10-round ban, to a 5-round ban that leaves us with only single shot firearms – the left knows exactly where they’re going with this, and they’re gleeful about it.