Round Three in the Senate

The Senate will vote tomorrow (Wednesday) in the afternoon. We’ll see if it really happens this time. Stay tuned, as we will cover it live.

UPDATE: Politico says the same.

19 Responses to “Round Three in the Senate”

1. wrt81 says:

Thanks for the live blogging, you both are doing a great job keeping us informed.

The Hill is saying the vote will be tomorrow as well:

2. JC_VA says:

Yes, nice job guys. You’ve made your site the first one I go to now for current 2nd Amendment news. Glad I found you.

3. P.M. says:

Ditto. Great work, folks.

4. TigerStripe says:

I would like to thank you guys for the work you do as well. TS

5. Discobobby says:

I cannot thank you enough for your coverage – you’ve become my go-to source for breaking 2A news. You’re doing a massive service for people nationwide that could get this insight no other way.

They must be stopped here. They must be stopped now. If people don’t call TODAY, they’ll regret their inaction for the rest of their lives. And their grandchildren will regret it far more.

6. HappyWarrior6 says:

Thanks, Sebastian and Bitter.

I e-mailed each and every one of the eight senators.

If this is correct, do we really only need one or two undecided people to go our way on this?

A poster on one of your other threads said Begich was leaning toward NO enough to have his staff instruct callers to that effect.

7. Ian Argent says:

There’s a certain amount of whistling in the dark on the anti-freedom side in that whip count, methinks

• Kansas Gunner says:

Agreed, I think they will kick the can down the road again tomorrow the votes aren’t there and they know it. The whole two votes away is typical BS coming from Biden trying to make passage look inevitable when it is anything but.

• Sebastian says:

Well, at some point you have to shit or get off the pot. The question is how long they hold up Senate business trying to come up with votes.

• Jim says:

They’ll get their “2” votes when they blame the Boston bombing on some “right-wing” white guy…

8. Patrick says:

I echo the praise others are heaping upon you for your smart coverage. Proof once again why they MSM is failing. I get more details from your posts than I can get from reading every AP, Reuters and Politico story. Thanks again.

On to the bill: today it looks like they will vote on a reciprocity amendment. I don’t think it’ll pass, but it would be hilarious if it did and the Manchin-Toomey mess failed along with other gun control amendments. In other words, the funniest thing that could happen all week is having this gun control bill become a pro-gun bill and watching Schumer and Reid twist as they stop it.

• JC_VA says:

That’s the kind of thing we should be doing throughout the year. Pushing, pushing, pushing favorable amendments and bills. They only have the tragedies to exploit, but we have the year round to push for our laws.

9. Arizona Rifleman says:

As always, keep up the good work. You’ve been my go-to site for gun-related info for a while now.

Even though I’m living outside the US for now, I’m still making regular calls to my Congressmen and sending letters.

10. Arizona Rifleman says:

Correction: “and *am* sending letters”. Stupid grammar.

11. Will says:

Thanks for all the free ice cream! You both have always done a great job of keeping us informed.

12. Arnie says:

I, too, come here for news. Thank you!!!!

13. Padre says:

Ditto! Great work!

14. Karl says:

Looks like Manchin admitted this morning they still don’t have the votes: