MAIG Pulls Opposition Ads on Toomey

Story here at Politco. People have long said that gun control won’t bring any votes to the table, and that’s true, but politicians hate looking bad, and that’s one advantage that our opponents have when backed by someone with Bloomberg’s money. I’m in agreement with a commenter at Ace’s:

By the way Senator, this isn’t an election season. If this pansy runs from commercials NOW what will he do during his actual campaign?

Good question. I think Bloomberg is happy to have weakened Toomey. If Toomey thinks Bloomberg will sit out the 2016 election if there’s blood in the water, he’s lost his mind. BTW, the article over at Ace of Spades mentions a mental health provision that I think would be highly unacceptable, but given that we haven’t seen language yet, I’m not going to jump on it and declare it truth. But it’s something to keep an eye on.

11 Responses to “MAIG Pulls Opposition Ads on Toomey”

1. Michael Watson says:

GOA analysis of the “Public Safety and 2nd Amendment Rights Protection Act”

2. Sockless Joe says:

Supposedly MAIG is now running a Toomey-positive ad, which I think is a cute way of giving him the kiss of death.

I haven’t seem it run yet.

3. jerry says:

Poor Toomey. One major beef I have always had with republicans is their tactical and strategic incompetence. In a state like PA, Toomey cannot afford to lose ANY conservative support. Not even a tiny bit. By his actions he has ensured that he will be a one-term senator.

4. Dannytheman says:

The Politico link is bad.

5. jerry says:

Tom Coburn is less than thrilled with this according to The Hill

6. brobrandonb says:

The word of the day is Quisling.

7. Steven says:

ARLEN SPECTER MUST GO!

Oh, wait.

8. Stacy says:

I’m blown away by the apparent traction Bloomberg’s campaign has gotten. There ought to be any number of different middle fingers a flyover country politician could come back with, from ‘big out of state money’ to ‘1%’, ‘limousine liberals’, carpetbaggers, new world order black helicopter riders, etc. I know a few of them have reacted like that, but I’d have thought it would be all of them, loud and proud. It’s one thing for a private citizen to try to keep the peace with their lefty neighbors, but when you’re an elected representative you can’t act like your fondest wish is to catch crumbs from a bigshot. Or at least that’s a vote-swaying nono for me as a constituent.

1. Comment of the Day | Shall Not Be Questioned - [...] From Steven of Bucks Right, in the comments: [...]