Some Blogging Advice

If you’re going to insult someone, and then later claim it was all just a joke, and in good fun, you should really at least make the joke funny.

16 Responses to “Some Blogging Advice”

1. Weer'd Beard says:

Once again our side has reasoned arguments and facts, their side has dick jokes.

2. The Duck says:

They have no idea of making something funny unless they are insulting the other side

3. Weer'd Beard says:

Duck, actually I think it’s along the line of catching a small child doing something dangerous, or bad and them saying: “I was only kidding!”

In hope to avoid the spanking they know they deserve.

Sad how easy it is to compare “Progressives” and children….

4. Peter says:

I see you’ve finally discovered Cliff “The Lyin’ King” Lyon. At one point he became convinced that a commenter was Yuri Orlov and went over to his place and tried to cause trouble. A bit later on he invited himslf into a chat room and got himself an Elf Slapdown.

He can be a lot of fun, in a “just where did this loser come from” kinda way.

5. Linoge says:

Wow. There is sad and pathetic, and then there is stupidly sad and pathetic.

Of course, having dealt with Cliff and the rest of his panty-wetting cadre of anti-rights advocates before, this kind of gos-se is hardly surprising.

6. JamesLee says:

Sebastian, did you trigger a cyber-attack? I tried to see what the fuss was about by clicking on your links, and got massive new windows and tabs opening faster than I could close them. Had to restart the whole system to shut it down.

JamesLee:

I’m sorry to hear that, but clicking on the links, I notice the site is very slow, but it seems to work normally for me at least.

8. JamesLee says:

OK it worked that time… like you said, slow, but no problems. Sorry for the false alarm

9. Weer'd Beard says:

FYI One Utah is on some stone-aged server (or running some goofy scripts in the background) as it ALWAYS loads VERY slow despite its usual low traffic.

10. DirtCrashr says:

It’s like a bad, “I crack me up” joke – they think they’re funny because they make themselves laugh.

11. Linoge says:

To make it even better, the halfwit has since taken down the original image, and put up another one, this time with a copyright of his own origination on it.

I almost wish I could be present when official letterhead shows up on his desk.

As much as I’d like to see the same thing, he’d have a pretty strong case for fair use, by arguing it’s a parody of the copyrighted work.

13. Roberta X says:

Reasoned discourse has done broke out: page appears to be gone as of today.

…Nope, moved it here: http://oneutah.org/2009/10/30/flaccid-america/ Cute.

14. mikeb302000 says:

I don’t go in for the dick jokes myself. I don’t think they’re funny so I don’t use them. But I think it’s fair to question why people decide to carry guns. And the question raised by Joe’s t-shirt is a good one too. Here’s what I had to say about it:

“Is it true that gun control people are the ones who cost lives? And, are the folks who decide to arm themselves doing so out of fear and insecurity?

I say “no” to the first and “for the most part” to the second.”

Mike:

When I first started shooting, I didn’t feel much of a need to have a gun. I started shooting (other than air guns and smallbore as a kid) when I was 25, in 1999. I didn’t get a License to Carry until 2002.

I made the decision to do it because I developed proficiency, so I figured why not. Also, the lesson of 9/11 was that we were a target, and if my skills could come in handy if Al-Qaeda decided to rack up a body count shooting up shopping malls, I was only happy to help out.

I don’t live in a high crime area. Strictly speaking I’m not running much of a risk being unarmed. But I prefer to be, because it’s not much of a burden. In addition to it being a personal advantage, I consider it to be a civic duty, though I don’t think it’s for everyone.

16. BadIdeaGuy says:

I haven’t been following anything preceding this. But I don’t see any arguments gaining momentum by speculating about others’ “organs” or relations with their wives. Snark FAIL.