I am taking this entire week off.Â Rather than have to deal with my project and task lists at work, I can concentrate on fun vacation activity:
- Cleaning the leaves off the lawn.Â I have too many trees.
- Avoid shaving as much as possible.
- Finish scores for the Gun Blog Rifle League, and make the combined Fall/Winter match.
- Work up a load for .223 using Varget powder, and get down to the club to crony it.
- Reload some .44 Special so I can practice for my IHMSA match on the 6th of December.Â It’ll be our last one until March.
- Get the Lee progressive press a reader was kind of enough to send to me up and functioning and start reloading 9mm and .45 ACP all quick like.Â I ordered all I need to reload .44 Spl/Mag too, in addition to the .223 stuff.Â We’ll see how it works out.
- Clean the house for Thanksgiving guests.Â Sadly this is a big task.
- Buy a new and larger gun safe, with fireproofing, and all that happy stuff.Â My current one is packed to the gills, and I’d like to get some more collector pieces before imports end up more restricted.
- Think about buying a Glock 30 to replace the Glock 19 as primary carry piece.Â The reason I went with 9mm is because it’s common and cheap, but if I’m reloading, I can afford to shoot .45ACP pretty regularly.
That’s basically my holiday plans for my week off.Â I will be blogging, but possibly on a different schedule than normal.