Quote of the Day

From Glenn Reynolds, “The Gun Control Movement is a Movement of Old White People”

I read that while I’m watching on C-SPAN as two old white women prattle on about banning my guns. McCarthy and Feinstein press conference going on now.

9 Responses to “Quote of the Day”

1. Drifter says:

The gun rights movement would do well to ensure we are not perceived as simply OFWGs. We need more MrColionNoir, more Dr. Condi Rice, more Dr/Rep Susanna Hupp, more Otis McDonald, more Marion Hammer, more Korean shop owners from LA, more Katrina survivors. We have a plethora of stories in our side. It’s time we showcased some of those people.

• Harold says:

As long as the Left are the gatekeepers to what most people see (not counting Fox, but note it’s explicitly moving to the Left) that’s a nice sentiment but it’s going to be hard to translate it into an effective action.

2. Nathaniel says:

I’m watching too, and I just viewed the head of some police organization say (and I quote) “I don’t claim to be an expert on the working of a firearm.”

Wow. Just wow.

3. m11_9 says:

Today’s WTF is the term “Bullet Button”. Didn’t even know such a thing was needed or needed to be eliminated.

I wish I lived even farther from California than I already do.

4. Jack Morris says:

I’m currently watching the live stream on c-span. They are parading victims of violence now. I wish they would put me up there so I could tell of the two times I was able to save myself and my fiance because I had a weapon. I never had to fire my weapon, which is the case in most defensive encounters.

Given my history, I don’t give a damn what they decide I need or what they find “unnecessary”. I will continue to protect myself with whatever I see fit. When they can guarantee me that the thugs in my neighborhood don’t have these weapons, that is the day I’ll consider compromising.

• Jack Morris says:

p.s. I’m 25 years old. Not exactly an “old white guy”.

• Ian Argent says:

When they can guarantee thugs don’t have ANY weapons, including the ones on the end of their limbs, I’ll consider thinking about … Aw, who am I kidding.

5. Peter Hamm says:

What in God’s name are you kids talking about? Now get off my lawn.

6. George says:

Paging Kenn Blanchard…Rev. Blanchard please call your office…

1. Tweet of the Day | Shall Not Be Questioned - [...] already claimed a quote of the day, so I’ll call this the tweet of the [...]