Robb Has it Right

Thanks to Robb for this hysterically amusing metaphor for gun control. Go click, I’ll wait.

Our opponents speak of common sense gun laws, and how we need a lot more of them. In this metaphor, that essentially amounts to adding an extra two feet to either side of that fence.

12 Responses to “Robb Has it Right”

1. Robb Allen says:

Careful. If you draw too much attention to me, the CSGV might try to out me on their Facebook page ;)

2. David says:

I got one for you.

Like putting a really good lock on a screen door.

3. Ian Argent says:

That is awesome. And I mean that literally, I am in awe of your snark.

4. Jamison says:

What about the do no walk on grass signs?

5. The problem is that gun control advocates have talked themselves into believing that the big problem with guns isn’t career criminals, or the mentally ill, but ordinary, law-abiding people. For them, the gun control equivalent of that security gate is quite adequate, because it will discourage the vast majority from owning a gun, and make everyone safer!

6. Ian Argent says:

That is obvious to me just from reading MikeB here.

7. Sigivald says:

As I said over there (and related to what David said) –

While gun control laws can’t work like that, both the cute little fence and the lock on the screen door do have a use – to prove that you knew you were being naughty.

Sure, the fence won’t stop a trespasser – but it’ll prove to the judge that he had to have known he wasn’t supposed to be there.

8. Ian Argent says:

Gun control (as an example of X control) is predicated on the assumption that without strict governmental control, the majority of people are dangerous to themselves and others. Hence the need to control the law abiding

9. Nate says:

@Ian
    Also, that nobody in the government fits that description, so everything politicians do is well-intentioned and moral. They’re the loving mothers we all need to keep us safe in this mad, mad world!

10. Alpheus says:

Just to turn off the italics, I hope:

11. Alpheus says:

Ah, I should have put in a bit of test text in the last message. I don’t know why this is bothering me, either…perhaps it’s just the same problem as having an open-parenthesis without a closed one! :-)

12. Alpheus says:

Oh, and it’s clear now: putting an (unescaped) </i> in comment #10 (after the colon) didn’t turn off italics, after all…