Daley’s Presser Didn’t Go Too Well

Apparently he’s had to chide the media to actually talk about the subject at hand:

What a narcissistic jackass.

10 Responses to “Daley’s Presser Didn’t Go Too Well”

1. Arnie says:

What was funny were the people nodding and clapping at his incoherent drivel as though they understood what he was saying.

2. Nick Pacific says:

“Do you think…”
    I turned to my wife and said “hey, we carry to those places already!” She smiled.
    We live in Indiana just across the border from Chicago. Used to Daley’s irrational hatred of guns. The more he outlaws them in Chicago, the more they kill, and the angrier he gets.
    A friend was just robbed at gunpoint two weeks ago on Belmont in Daley’s gun free city. Meanwhile, I feel safe on my side of the border knowing if my life is threatened, I have the opportunity to defend it.

That’s the contrast over the border, and I doubt Chicago, or Illinois, will change much whether things improve or not.

3. Gene Hoffman says:

It’s awe inspiring that the media who came to his presser aren’t buying what Daley is selling.

It’s fun to watch the politically drowning flail.

-Gene

4. Carl from Chicago says:

And then when he finally got his “gun violence” question … it was about the concealed carry bill pending in the IL legislature!

Gene, you’re right. But at some point, I’d like for them to sink into the darkness …

5. RuffRidr says:

“What a narcissistic jackass.”

He’s anti-gun, it kinda comes with the territory.

6. David says:

And he walks around protected with an armed escort. Good enough for him, but you’re not allowed to protect your family.

What a jackass.

7. Kathy says:

Could you include the Mayor bit sooner so I know that you are taking about him and not PA House Rep. Peter Daley.

8. Lamont says:

Has he been drinking?

9. Graham says:

Mayor Daly wants to talk about victims of gun violence but not of allowing people the right to defend themselves from gun violence by the criminal element.

If Illinois allowed concealed carry, the majority of victims of gun violence would be the criminals who were stopped in their tracks. Seems THOSE are the victims he wants to protect.

10. Dean says:

David Said,
    March 1st, 2011 at 12:43 pm

END QUOTE

If I was at the press conference, I would have asked “Why is your life worth protecting, but mine is not?”