What Chili is So Hot It’s a Weapon?

Apparently the Indian Army is looking at using a grenade made out of a chili known as bhut jolokia. Clearly not we must institute reasonable regulations on spicy foods.

10 Responses to “What Chili is So Hot It’s a Weapon?”

1. Thirdpower says:

I’ve been the recipient of a pepper round from a shotgun. I could see the grenade being a very effective crowd control device.

I’ve been the recipient of a pepper round from a shotgun.

IGOLD get a little rowdy this year? :)

I kid.. I’m guessing that was part of your military training.

3. Thirdpower says:

It was tear gas in boot camp.

I was testing some pepper rounds and the wind gusted back in my direction right after I shot one off.

4. SayUncle says:

isn’t pepper spray banned in MA, NY, and NJ?

You need a Class B license to carry to get pepper spray in Massachusetts. It’s a pain in the ass but the police usually won’t give you issues if you want one.

It’s legal in New Jersey provided the canister isn’t bigger than 3/4oz and you’re over 18.

New York is similar to NJ, except no size limit, though to sell it you have to be a licensed dealer or licensed pharmacist. They also limit possession by felons, people convicted of assault, and people under 18.

6. SayUncle says:

well, that sounds like ‘reasonable restrictions’ on spicy food.

7. FatWhiteMan says:

We must close the curry powder loophole.

8. BobG says:

I’m familiar with the peppers they’re using, and they are insanely hot. I wouldn’t be surprised if they approached critical mass and exploded when too many are stacked in a pile. ;)

9. LC Scotty says:

Put that on your ribs?

10. Cam says:

“Ghost chilis”, I’ve heard them called. Adam Richman ate a burger topped with them on an episode of Man Vs. Food. I think he managed to eat the whole thing, but he wasn’t looking good afterwards.