I think we need to re-institute the assault weapons ban in the United States. If people want machine guns, let them join the military. We got em! But for public and personal use, absolutely not. That’s how they are getting across the border, and what the Mexican Government has asked of us is, “Please, cut off the flow of machine guns coming from the United States into Mexico.”
General Clark and Geraldo Rivera pretty clearly need a lesson in American gun laws, because when we speak of “assault weapons” we’re not talking about machine guns. It’s amazing how this bit of disinformation just refuses to die. Say what you will about Josh Sugarmann being dishonest, but he was right. This issue is one of the most brilliant and effective disinformation campaigns ever waged in the court of public opinion.
15 Responses to “Quote of the Day”
- Random Nuclear Strikes » RNS Quote of the Day: 03/18/09 - [...] Found via Snowflakes in Hell [...]
- GunPundit » Blog Archive » This guy ran for president - [...] Wesely Clark on Geraldo: I think we need to re-institute the assault weapons ban in the United States. If ...
- SayUncle » Clark on Guns - [...] Wesley, how far you have fallen: I think we need to re-institute the assault weapons ban in the ...
- The mind is the primary weapon - 039 - [...] Wesley Clark- sorry excuse for a human being. Much less General. [...]
- Lie #12: “Please, cut off the flow of machine guns coming into the United States into Mexico.” « Barack’s Gun Lies - [...] h/t to SIH [...]