Get Yourself a Black Rifle

Ahab thinks it’s time. I agree. In very worried about what’s going to happen in November. In the primary election, Democrats are turning out way more to vote than Republicans, which tells me Republicans are feeling alienated from their party (and for good reason). Hillary would be unlikely to push for a new assault weapons ban in a serious way (other than lip service), because she’s been burnt in a big way on that issue in the past, and I’m sure she still feels the sting. I think if we get The Hildabeast, the main thing we have to watch out for is preserving the ability to sell firearms privately.

Obama, on the other hand, is politically naive, and I don’t think understands the world very well outside of Chicago. Despite the fact that I lack the loathing disdain for Obama that I have for Hillary Clinton, he’s probably the biggest danger to gun rights.

UPDATE: Stock up on magazines too.  That’s another likely avenue of attack under a Democrat president.  Either one I think is likely to do that.

15 Responses to “Get Yourself a Black Rifle”

1. The Duck says:

I have 9, & close to 100 mags
    Ammo is the big concern this year

2. Rustmeister says:

I dunno, if Obama wins the Democratic nomination, I think you’ll see a lot more people come out and vote.

Yes, I’m talking about the “don’t want no colored fella in the White House” faction.

I don’t know if there’s enough of those people left out there, and I consider that a good thing, even if it means Obama gets to spend 8 years pissing me off.

4. Joseph says:

That’s precisely why I’m saving up for a Saiga .223, conversion parts, and some Sure Fire mags.

5. Murdoc says:

Agreed that ammo might be the thing to watch out for.

6. DirtCrashr says:

We have a magazine capacity limit here… I have to buy a crapload of 10-rounders.

7. mark says:

There is a bill in the PA House, HB 2228, to mandate “encoded”
    ammunition, a serial number/ID number on each cartridge .
    This is supposedly for law enforcement use when the weapom/ammo is used in a violent crime, as of course it must be sooner or later.
    The number on the brass (or on the bullet itself?) would be traced to the purchaser, whose name and “contact information” would be permanently recorded-somewhere, and the perpetrator would be identified by someone, traced down and arrested, saving the life of some future innocent gun violence victim. Thus speaketh the Philadelphia Democratis group who sponsored this idiotic mess.
    There are also provisions for tax (to pay for all this) ans time limits after which ammo not “encoded” would be FORBIDDEN in the Commonwealth.
    I already emailed my local Rep, now I want to email Obama and get him some actual education on the second ammendment.
    I do believe he will be the next president and he neede to be flodded with pro-gun information right now.

mark

There’s a lot of garbage that gets introduced in the PA house every year. Most of it, including this, isn’t going anywhere. If it gets scheduled for a committee hearing, then it will be time to get our game on and start bitching.

9. Linoge says:

Feh, I am almost 100% likely to be moving at the end of the year, so stocking up on ammunition is going to be problematic, and the wonderful People’s Republic of Kalifornistan makes stocking up on magazines pointless. Thankfully, I will, in all likelihood, be headed out of this hellhole, so in the interim time between arriving in my next state and the end of the year… yeah, Better Half is going to take my credit card away, I can see it now.

10. straightarrow says:

Linoge, I feel for you, buddy. I was born there before the halfway mark of the last century, but I escaped to America. Here’s hoping you do too.

11. kaveman says:

Thanx for the heads up.

I’ve only got 3 dozen firearms(many,many EBR’s), countless mags and 15,000 rounds of ammo.

Sorry to rub it in, but I made it my policy years ago(right after 911) to never dip below 10,000 rounds.

But seriously, check out the link for ammo, last time I ordered, admittedly a few
    years ago, they had a flat $40 shipping fee if your order exceeded 150 lbs.

With a couple of buddies, it’s way easy to get over 150 lbs and then split the already low shipping cost and it’s delivered to your door.

12. kaveman says:

Also wanted to share an EBR which some may have over looked.

Half AR-15, half AK-47.

Best parts from both. Think about some wild party where Mr AK-47 and Ms AR-15 got really drunk, jumped in the sack and made babies. It also takes the standard AR mags.

13. Maddie says:

I understand that many of you want guns. But Obama isn’t going to take away all of you precious guns, he is a great man, and just because he’s African American or democratic does not make him less of a fantastic person. I’m personally for Obama, but I don’t spend time telling others what makes the opposing canidates less”worthy” of such a powerful position. If you people really are that afraid of having your guns taken away from you, maybe you shouldn’t have them in the first place. But if you are a good person, jus interested in safety, there should be no problem with you having guns. And that’s all I have to say on this issue.

Obama has gone on record as favoring a ban on all semi-automatic firearms and a ban on handguns. I happen to own a number of both. You need to do a little research on the candidate you support before coming on and telling people that your favorite candidate isn’t going to take anyone’s firearms away.

Maddie:

I edited your post to remove your age. It’s not a wise idea to give that kind of information out to strangers over the internet.