NOW Angry Over Kennedy Endorsement

10 Responses to “NOW Angry Over Kennedy Endorsement”

1. Alcibiades McZombie says:

It’s good to know that identity politics are alive and well…

2. Laughingdog says:

Does this mean we can now describe NOW as a racist organization?

3. Turk Turon says:

Does the Southern Poverty Law Center know that NOW is a hate group?

4. Breda says:

In a twisted sort of way, I’m really enjoying the Democratic primaries. It’s even better than the whole Britney drama that has the rest of the world so mesmerized.

5. chris horton says:

What do you expect from a swimmer?

6. Kirstin says:

One chapter of NOW does not constitute policy- especially when (in your own source) NOW hq apologizes and clarifies NOW’s position.

One chapter of NOW does not constitute even one whole feminist organization, let alone several.

I never claimed it did. But I loathe this kind of identity politics no matter who it’s from. You’d have to resort to an electron microscope to see the amount I care that Hillary is a woman or that Obama is African-American. I’ll evaluate them based on their platform, which I’m sorry to say, I don’t particularly care for.

8. Kirstin says:

In fact, that’s exactly what you did say: Apparently killing a woman isn’t enough to draw the ire of left wing feminist groups, but endorsing a black man is.

That comment was not an attack on your value system, or your political belief structure. It was a reflection on the innacuracies within your sentence.

I meant I never claimed it constituted policy. I will admit to taking a bit of pleasure in watching left wing interest groups have the same problems as we gun rights activists have. Believe me, I understand that state chapters don’t speak for the whole movement. I also very much understand “eating your own” which is what it looks like the national organization was trying to prevent with their statement.

Of course, why NOW considers Uncle Ted one of their own I don’t quite understand. Sure, he’s pro-choice, but so am I, and I didn’t drive a woman into a creek and then fail to get help. Yet I’m pretty sure most NOW members would decidedly not consider me a like minded soul.

1. SayUncle » Quote of the day - [...] Ouch: Apparently killing a woman isn’t enough to draw the ire of left wing feminist groups, but endorsing a…