Despite 500 people showing up during a snowstorm on Wednesday to protest, the committee went ahead with a vote anyway, and passed 20 or so horrible bills out of committee. ANJRPC notes:
Bills set to move to full Assembly VoteÂ On Thursday, February 21.Â Please start contacting both of your Assembly MembersÂ and urge them not to support any new anti-gun measures.Â Thank you to the 500 Second Amendment supporters whoÂ attended todayâ€™s hearings and held legislatorsâ€™ feet to the fire!
Those bills areÂ listed here. Let me translate this for you. In order, they would:
- AB588 – Ban most rifle ammunition.
- A1116 – Must report lost and stolen firearms to police. Fines and a 180 day firearm purchase prohibition for violators.
- A1329 – Reduce magazine capacity from 15 to 10 rounds. No grandfathering.
- A1387 – Weapon free “safety zones” within 1000 feet around public property like schools, parks, public housing, or other public buildings. Specifically applies to unknowingly being within 1000 feet.
- A1613 – Bullshit task force.
- A3510 – Requires training to purchase a firearm and for FID cards.
- A3583 – Another bullshit task force.
- A3645 – Requires face-to-face transactions for ammo.
- A3646 – Licensing for ammunition vendors.
- A3659 – Weapons 50 caliber or larger are destructive devices.
- A3666 – Mail order of ammunition prohibited.
- A3668 – Prohibits state investments in companies that make so-called “assault weapons.”
- A3687 – No guns for people who are on a secret government list.
- A3717 – Submit mental health records to NICS.
- A3748 – End private sales. There were private sales in NJ?
- A3750 – All ammunition sales registered and reported to the State Police.
- A3754 – Allows mental health professionals to order firearms be seized form patients. This will ensure no one who owns guns seeks mental health treatment, even if they may need it.
- A3772 – Require picture ID on FID cards.
- A3788 – Abolish access to firearm records. This one actually looks good.
- A3796 – Allows 90 days to dispose of unlawful firearms.
- A3797 – Requires reporting of ballistics data for seized guns to federal system.
- ACR180 – Bullshit resolution urging feds to shit on your rights.
- AR143 – Bullshit resolution supporting gun buybacks.
- AR144 – Bullshit resolution on mental health.