HR 822 has passed out of the house Judiciary Committee by a vote of 19-11. This looks like a party line vote.
The yes votes wereÂ Lamar Smith,Â James Sensenbrenner,Â Howard Coble,Â Robert Goodlatte,Â Steve Chabot,Â Darrell Issa,Â Randy Forbes,Â Steve King,Â Trent Franks,Â Jim Jordan,Â Ted Poe,Â Jason Chaffetz,Â Tim Griffin,Â Tom Marino,Â Trey Gowdy,Â Dennis Ross,Â Sandy Adams,Â Ben Quayle, andÂ Mark Amodei.
No Votes wereÂ Dan Lungren,Â John Conyers,Â Howard Berman,Â Jerrold Nadler,Â Robert Scott,Â Maxine Waters,Â Steve Cohen,Â Hank Johnson,Â Pedro Pierluisi,Â Mike Quigley, andÂ Judy Chu
Republicans that were not present wereÂ Elton Gallegly,Â Mike Pence, andÂ Louie Gohmert.
We’re asking all readers who have an account on Twitter to please tweet some thank kudos to the yes voters on HR822. This is something Congress Critters notice, and it shows them we’re paying attention to what they are doing. We’re pleased to report the number of yes votes is too large to fit into one 140 character Tweet, so we had to break them up.
- Click here to thankÂ @LamarSmithTX21, @RpSensenbrenner, @HowardCoble, @RepGoodlatte.
- Click here to thankÂ @SteveChabot, @DarrellIssa, @Randy_Forbes, @SteveKingIA, @RepTrentFranks.
- Click here to thankÂ @Jim_Jordan, Â @JudgeTedPoe, @jasoninthehouse, @griffincongress.
- Click here to thankÂ @RepTomMarino, Â @TGowdySC, @RepDennisRoss, @SandyAdams4FL24.
- Click here to thankÂ @benquayle, @RepMarkAmodei.