Backpedaling

SayUncle reports on this Reason article that shows GOA’s Larry Pratt backpedaling on his statement to Fox that indicated he did not support gun rights for permanent legal residents. He’s claiming he position was misstated. Except in the first comment over at Uncle’s, we have a response that indicates that was not the case.

This looks like a case of Pratt not expecting quite the backlash he did, and backpedaling.

8 Responses to “Backpedaling”

1. Miguel says:

And by tomorrow we shall hear how Fox News is just an outlet for the NRA who pulled a Jedi Mind Trick on Larry and hacked the GOA Email system.

2. Tam says:

I’m kinda curious what other rights Pratt thinks non-citizens don’t get.

Can we just frisk them any ol’ time we want? Keep them from going to church? Force them to testify against themselves? Station troops in their hotel rooms?

3. Weer'd Beard says:

Pratt was on a local show this morning. He used his time rather than talk about gun rights, gun legislation, and self-defense, he used most of his time to Bash the NRA, and to Bash Congresswoman Giffords for “Not being a true supporter of the 2nd Amendment” and for “Supporting the Nancy Pelosi Agenda.”

Everybody should resend their membership to that worthless group!

Weer’d, is there audio of that interview somewhere?

5. Weer'd Beard says:

Saddly not that I can find it. It was the Jeff Katz show on 1200 AM in Boston.

I wish I could (and let me know if there’s anything I can do) I’d love to publicize this.

6. Weer'd Beard says:

I emailed the Host I’ll let you know, and post whatever I can dig up on my blog.

7. Weer'd Beard says:

I was directed to this page

Not sure if you can find it in itunes or not, or if it’ll be posted soon. If you find it drop me an email.