Some things I’ve learned about the iPad after using it for a while:
- Scaled up to a 10 inch display, iOS is far more useful on an iPad than an iPhone.
- I needed to cut my thumbnail down to a nub because of my tendency to hit the spacebar with it. Capacitive displays don’t work well with fingernails. This substantially increased my typing speed.
- Fingerprints are 1000x more annoying in the iPad than the iPhone.
- Google Earth was made for the iPad. Google just didn’t realize it.
- They’d probably sell a lot more of these if Apple was more OK with porn. It’s a great multimedia device.
- Ten hours of battery life my ass. Only under very conservative use. More like 6 hours the way I use it.
- My biggest pet peeve is not being able to easily upload pictures to with Safari. You can do that with the apps for Facebook and Twitter, but that sucks for the blog.
The iPad isn’t meant to be a general purpose computer. It’s hard to describe what it is, really. But I am certain others will copy it, and sell something that good enough for cheaper.