There’s been a lot of talk in the past about lines in the sand, and various challenges by various people for me to speak to where mine is.Â Les Jones has an article about Obama’s Science Czar that would make the Russian variety appear to be a model of republican virtue.Â Apparently, the man wrote a book on population control, where women could, according to Zombietime:
- Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
- The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;
- Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
- People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility” — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
- A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives — using an armed international police force.
You can see the book on Amazon here, althought it’s out of print.Â If John Holdren got the society he wanted, it would be over my line.Â What he’s describing is not a free society, it is a fascist state, and any American would be morally justified in resisting it, violently if need be.
I am not suggesting that this dystopic future is fast upon us — the guy is only a science czar — and I have enough faith in the system our founders created that I doubt a few fascist assholes buzzing around the White Houe is going turn FEMA camps into a reality.Â But it does speak to Obama’s character and judgement, that he would admit a man like this into his Administration.Â Even if he’s only a science czar, at least he should be called before Congress to explain himself for what he has written here.Â Sadly, I hardly give that has any chance of happening.Â The Democrats won’t want to risk making the White House look bad, and the Republicans aren’t going to want to admit they all voted to confirm this guy because they didn’t bother to have anyone check up on his CV.Â The best we can do is spread this around, and hope it will have an impact on the 2010 and 2012 elections.