I’m very much against an individual’s name, address, or any other part of carry licenses that identify an individual being a matter of public record, but some info I think is good to have as public record. For instance:
- Number of licenses issued by an authority
- Number of licenses revoked by authority
- Aggregated demographic info of license holders
- Number of licenses denied
- Crimes committed by license holders
I think all these things serve a legitimate public interest and so I have no problem with them being public. It’s mostly a matter of making sure people with guns that could be stolen, or people hiding from violent ex’s, who might be the reason they sought a license to carry in the first place, aren’t getting their information published in newspapers so the bad guys know exactly where to find them.