California Legal

Can’t stop the signal:

I the Golden State, the automatic fire would be illegal, as would being able to detach a >10 rd magazine without disassembling the action. But the speed load would be legal, even with a bigger magazine if it were permanently attached.

12 Responses to “California Legal”

1. Michael says:

He’s done for the AR what Mauser did for the bolt action.

2. waldors says:

I love capitalism. It unleashes genius in response to official stupidity.

3. Miguel says:

How long till a California Legislator throws a major fit and denounces this device because it ‘transforms” the regular rifle into a machine gun?
    I am going with Kevin de Leon because Ghost Gun… .

• rickn8or says:

How long before some CA government drone classifies this as “a high-capacity ammunition feeding device”?

4. Whetherman says:

“How long till a California Legislator throws a major fit and denounces this device…”

I was going to comment that earlier, but denunciation doesn’t necessarily amount to much unless in the context of someone having used one while doing something very, very naughty.

That said, it’s not a business I would invest in personally. I may be a lousy judge of such things, but I see a limited demand for them, accompanied by a finite risk of that market being outlawed before too long.

5. Alpheus says:

I find those things oddly hilarious. It almost looks like they are easier to use than a typical magazine!

6. dwb says:

There is no law a free man cannot outthink.

Actually, this seems like a good idea for my regular (‘murican) mags as well.

7. An says:

I live in California and have to deal with the strict gun laws (BOOOO to background checks to buy ammo!) I want to buy this mechanism and test it out.

8. Will says:

Neat photo of the street view of an indoor .22 rifle range in L.A, CA!

early 1950’s

Hmm, approx #140 of 173 photos of the LA area in the, mostly, 1950’s

9. Geoff says:

Why does it seem that everyone but me has a full auto M-16 (or AR15)?
    Oh. Right. They’re rich and I’m not.

10. Antibubba says:

So no modification of the rifle is needed?

1. SayUncle » Capitalism interprets regulations as damage and routes around it - […] Or just opens up a new market: California legal […]