Want!

Just when I think there’s no new gun that could hit the market that would get me buying again, Remington comes along and proves me wrong. I’d have to put it through the paces before deciding whether it’s worth carrying or not, but something about it speaks to the lizard part of my brain that makes me want to add it to the collection.

17 Responses to “Want!”

1. Bitter says:

The curves make it look very futuristic to me. I find it oddly appealing, and you know that’s just about all I need to justify a gun purchase.

• Merle says:

Want is plenty good enough. I’ve been told there are some you tube videos showing it being fired – with very little recoil. Now THAT part is interesting, so I’m off to search for them.

Merle

2. And did you see the MSRP on it? $389!

I know they say they are releasing it to dealers in February but I wonder how long it will take before we really see it in gun stores.

3. Dannytheman says:

I said, wow looks like a Walther. Then I read the story. I want one too.

4. Sigivald says:

It sure looks like it sort-of scratches the same itch as the Whitney Wolverine.

I approve of that.

5. Andy B. says:

“Just when I think there‚Äôs no new gun that could hit the market that would get me buying again. . .”

Guns are kind of like cats, for me. You can swear you won’t have anymore, until one shows up at the door in a snowstorm and pleads with you.

6. Patrick says:

Looks nice but I won’t go near it until I pull the trigger. Sorry, but I have had it with “cool” guns with crap triggers.

Grip safety + short barrel usually equals junk trigger. If they prove me wrong I will buy two. Really.

7. jkp says:

Dear Gaston Glock:

In case you were wondering, this is more or less what we are expecting out of your company when it launches some new pistols in the next year or so.

8. Robert says:

If the trigger really is a Single Action then I’ll probably get one.

9. overthetop says:

And here I was, all happy and content with my handgun collection… Damn you Remington!

10. emdfl says:

Now if they would just bring back the actual 51 in .380… That was the original Kel-Tec .380 and made out of steel, heh, heh. The damn thing wasn’t much wider then the .380 cartridge that it fired.

11. TheOtherLarry says:

I want…

12. P.M> says:

If that thing 1) runs and 2) has an acceptable trigger, it is going to sell like crazy at that price.

It could put real pressure on the Ruger LC9 and S&W Shield.

And Remington is no Kel-Tec; they can actually meet demand for a popular model.

13. Paul Kanesky says:

Beam me up Scotty. My Phaser needs recharging.
    Kirk out

14. NotClauswitz says:

Sigivald said it, Wolverine!