Despite 500 people showing up during a snowstorm on Wednesday to protest, the committee went ahead with a vote anyway, and passed 20 or so horrible bills out of committee. ANJRPC notes:
Bills set to move to full Assembly Vote On Thursday, February 21. Please start contacting both of your Assembly Members and urge them not to support any new anti-gun measures. Thank you to the 500 Second Amendment supporters who attended today’s hearings and held legislators’ feet to the fire!
Those bills are listed here. Let me translate this for you. In order, they would:
- AB588 – Ban most rifle ammunition.
- A1116 – Must report lost and stolen firearms to police. Fines and a 180 day firearm purchase prohibition for violators.
- A1329 – Reduce magazine capacity from 15 to 10 rounds. No grandfathering.
- A1387 – Weapon free “safety zones” within 1000 feet around public property like schools, parks, public housing, or other public buildings. Specifically applies to unknowingly being within 1000 feet.
- A1613 – Bullshit task force.
- A3510 – Requires training to purchase a firearm and for FID cards.
- A3583 – Another bullshit task force.
- A3645 – Requires face-to-face transactions for ammo.
- A3646 – Licensing for ammunition vendors.
- A3659 – Weapons 50 caliber or larger are destructive devices.
- A3666 – Mail order of ammunition prohibited.
- A3668 – Prohibits state investments in companies that make so-called “assault weapons.”
- A3687 – No guns for people who are on a secret government list.
- A3717 – Submit mental health records to NICS.
- A3748 – End private sales. There were private sales in NJ?
- A3750 – All ammunition sales registered and reported to the State Police.
- A3754 – Allows mental health professionals to order firearms be seized form patients. This will ensure no one who owns guns seeks mental health treatment, even if they may need it.
- A3772 – Require picture ID on FID cards.
- A3788 – Abolish access to firearm records. This one actually looks good.
- A3796 – Allows 90 days to dispose of unlawful firearms.
- A3797 – Requires reporting of ballistics data for seized guns to federal system.
- ACR180 – Bullshit resolution urging feds to shit on your rights.
- AR143 – Bullshit resolution supporting gun buybacks.
- AR144 – Bullshit resolution on mental health.
24 Responses to “The New Jersey Bills up Tomorrow on the Floor”
- Today, They Attack. But So Do We. | Shall Not Be Questioned - [...] Obama Administration. I wish good luck to our fellow fighters in New Jersey, where a vote on the 20…