When meat thermometers are outlawed …

you can guess the rest. Thank God for California’s strict gun laws preventing this man from getting a gun. Someone could have gotten hurt.

8 Responses to “When meat thermometers are outlawed …”

1. BobG says:

Who packs a meat thermometer to the movies? Since it happened in California, the next step will be to register thermometers.

2. Weer'd Beard says:

“Who packs a meat thermometer to the movies?” Easy, it’s something normal people might carry (specifically restaurant reviewers and those concerned about food safety.) But it’s functionally the same as an ice pick or a leather awl, so MUCH harder for a conviction when a thug gets searched by officer friendly.

3. Jake says:

But was he done?

(Yeah, I know. I’m going to hell.)

4. Jujube says:

If they had had a gun, the guy would be dead. A least with a meat thermometer, he gets his temperature taken and gets to live another day.

(Yeah, I know. I’m going to hell.)

And since I laughed at that, I am too.

6. Carl from Chicago says:

Me three … I laughed too.

I can certainly understand carrying a defensive handgun into a movie theatre … and do so routinely. But it’s difficult to understand the carrying of a meat thermometer into a movie theatre, and more difficult to understand the mentality of stabbing someone over a minor inconvenience.

You never know when you might run across a cheeseburger that under the USDA recommended 160 degrees for beef. Food borne illnesses kill approximate 5 thousand people a year, so if you were really paranoid about such a thing… :)

8. Thirdpower says:

And the guy accused of killing a teenager and under investigation for another? Parole violator.

“A convicted sex offender charged with murdering one California teenager and under investigation for another killing violated his parole by moving too close to a school but was allowed to remain free, according to records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.”

The parole records show state officials found Gardner illegally living within a half-mile of a school in September 2007 and decided to keep him on parole. The records show at least five later violations, the last on Sept. 8, 2008, just 18 days before Gardner was let go from parole supervision and his location-tracking GPS bracelet removed from his ankle.

Each time, the decision was “COP:” Continue on Parole.

Good job CA.