Permit-less Carry Fails in Wyoming

Much like the last attempt, it got past the house, only to die in the Senate. It’s a really tough sell, even in Wyoming. There’s still the Arizona bill, however.

8 Responses to “Permit-less Carry Fails in Wyoming”

1. At least they can get such a bill tot he floor for a vote. Hell, we can’t even get Stand Your Ground out of committee for the last 5 years. Could you imagine if such a bill got to the floor of the PA Assembly? The PSH would be off the graph…

2. Michael says:

The Arizona bill isn’t doing so hot either. Three Republicans (and two pro-RKBA Democrats) crossed the aisle to join Democrats in amending the bill to also end private sales at gun shows*, ostensibly to stop illegal immigrants from buying firearms (note that these are the same Democrats who have voted against every border enforcement measure that the Republicans have offered and want Arpaio’s head on a platter).

The AZCDL is trying to resuscitate the House version (without the Cheuvront amendment) and get that passed over the tainted version.

*The bill requires that anyone selling items privately has to make 100% sure that the person they are selling to is a citizen, which is almost impossible because there are so many immigrants with forged documentation that even E-Verify’s effectiveness is reduced. It would have the effect of killing private sales, which is what the Democrats want.

3. Carl from Chicago says:

Michael …

“It would have the effect of killing private sales, which is what the Democrats want.”

Democrats want? Aren’t you paining with an overly broad brush? In some states, it was Democrats who championed and moved legislation like concealed carry, Castle Doctrine, etc.

I acknowledge that nearly all the hardcore gun-haters are democrats, and generally, the party is far more amenable to gun control than are Republicans. But I think you sacrifice truth in precision by pigeon-holing like that.

I’m not a Democrat, by the way.

4. Weer'd Beard says:

I’m curious how this run compared to the previous attempts.

We lost National CCW Reciprocity last year, but it was an exciting day because all previous attempts were never taken seriously. I suspect with a strong enough grassroots push we could manage it in this, or maybe next year.

5. Michael says:

Carl,

I *am* a registered Democrat (and related to the Daley clan, no less) but the AZ faction of the Democratic Party is *extremely* anti-gun. Even my Democratic ‘representative’, who brags about a B+ rating from the NRA wants to roll back state preemption, reverse the new restaurant carry law, and turn carrying a firearm on campus from a misdemeanor into a felony.

6. Carl from Chicago says:

Michael:

Thanks for clarifying that. Rereading your comment, I should have known you were talking specifically about AZ dems. Thanks for supporting our right to arms.

Best regards,

7. MicroBalrog says:

>We lost National CCW Reciprocity last year, but it was an exciting >day because all previous attempts were never taken seriously. I >suspect with a strong enough grassroots push we could manage it >in this, or maybe next year.

The problem, my friend, is that with such efforts, a group that fails to achieve its goal eventually becomes discouraged and leaves – often on the very bring of success.

8. Carl from Chicago says:

Micro:

I can assure you that national reciprocity for carry is not going away until it’s passed. The current situation is just far too incongruous to stay this way for long.

Gun owners aren’t the type who lay down and die if at first they don’t succeed. Of that I am convinced.