AR Bubble Bursting

Michael Bane says we might see $600-$800 dollar ARs again as the market cools, and distributors have to clear backlogged inventory from the system.  I might be more excited about that if it meant I could buy ammunition again too.

9 Responses to “AR Bubble Bursting”

1. Mad Saint Jack says:

I saw some AKs around $450 at the last gun show, which is getting close the the price before the election.

I even saw some .380 ammo.

2. Anon Reader Dude says:

“I might be more excited about that if it meant I could buy ammunition again too.”

Well, it’s certainly out there. 5.56/.223 isn’t hard to find right now.

Is it the prices that bother you?

3. countertop says:

Local Wal Mart had 12 100 round boxes of 223 for $39 each on the shelf.

4. jeremy says:

The Cabelas in hamburg PA had nothing BUT .223 as far as the eye could see! gets me thinking that I need something that fires .223

5. Pete says:

Well hopefully they come down soon. I’m starting to build a 9mm and a .223 soon.

Now if Cabelas’ didn’t bump my primer backorder back a month (again), I’d be doing pretty well.

Is it Wolf stuff or good stuff? .223 ammo was out there last time I went shopping too, but it was expensive if it was brass cased. Ten dollars a box is kind of steep. I was paying that for 6.8 SPC not long ago.

7. Disco Stu says:

Right now price drives what is considered good. The cheaper it is to practice the more you will, and the better you will be for it. I can’t believe I’m saying this but i have had better luck with wolf in my bushy than i thought i would, didnt even dork up my chamber. Unlike a Mini-14 I know.

8. Shawn says:

You could find AR’s for that price during the insanity ,you just had to look harder and maybe wait a week or 2 longer.

Personally I only care about finding ammo at a sane price and that may take at least 6 months to 2 years if nothing stupid happens. I have notoced you can find 7.62×39 all over now, before you could not find find it anywhere for any price and where you could it was $.50-$.60 a pop for brown bear. At least $.30 a pop, what is averages now, is somewhere close to what we were at a year ago. But handguns calibers and 5.56 is still uncommon to rare and the prices still suck.

9. Disco Stu says:

Very true. During the madness, even right now, where i am the best way to get your hands on an AR is to order a kit from somewhere and buy the lower somewhere else.