Cooper said he voted for George W. Bush in 2000, having voted in past elections for every Republican presidential nominee back to Richard Nixon. In October 1992, he presented a specially made rifle to the first President. Bush during a Billings campaign event.
This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That’s on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama’s U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama’s speech at that year’s Democratic National Convention.
This needs to get around. Gun owners need to know which companies sell their interests down the river. Here’s contact info for Cooper Firearms. I would talk to them, and be sure they know Obama’s record, why you’re not voting for him, and why you’ll never buy one of their products.
Hat tip to Blog O’ Stuff, who passed this along to me.
UPDATE: Cooper Arms has updated their home page with a statement. It does not hold water, in my opinion.
UPDATE: The Board of Directors and Employees Cooper Firearms of Montana has asked Dan Cooper to step down as CEO. This was the correct move for Cooper Arms to undertake. I’m satisfied with it, provided there is follow through.
50 Responses to “Cooper Arms”
- An open letter to Dan Cooper « Firearms & Freedom - [...] Peter Hat tip Sebastian [...]
- SayUncle » Cooper Firearms - [...] It was reported they supported Obama. [...]
- Alphecca » Sebastian Issues a Challenge - [...] at Snowflakes in Hell pointed out that the CEO of Cooper Arms is supporting Obama and is coming under…
- Snowflakes in Hell » Blog Archive » Interesting Double Standard - [...] know, Obama supporters came totally unhinged about what happened to Dan Cooper, and said I was all manner of…
- damnum absque injuria » Above the Law? - [...] x2: Just for the record, the answer is no, I’m not happy with how the Cooper fiasco played out,…