Lots of Camp Perry News

Looks like Breda paid a visit to Camp Perry this weekend, where the National Matches are taking place as we speak.  No word on whether she managed to steal any pens, but I do have to say, that AR-15 looks nice on her.  I think she needs to get one.  If she does, she can shoot in our gun blog matches.

Bitter offers a pretty snarky assessment of NRA’s Camp Perry Live blog.  This is their first year trying anything like this.

7 Responses to “Lots of Camp Perry News”

1. Breda says:

Since I am the gunblogger closest to Camp Perry, the NRA should totally hook me up next year, don’t you think?

2. Breda says:

although I’m on Blogspot, which is apparently for “amateurs and spammers”

I don’t think she meant it like that. We’re all Amateurs, in that we don’t do this for a living.

4. Bitter says:

Breda,

Sebastian is right. We’re not paid to do this. This isn’t a work project for us like it is for the NRA Staff. The only ones who are paid to set up Blogspot blogs are spammers, as far as I know. :)

However, I will venture out and challenge a little bit on this front. I do think that quality blogs deserve the investment in a domain name and a “real” host. I think your blog is incredibly high quality and deserves the attention that comes with non-Blogspot hosting. That said, because you’re a blogger I truly enjoy reading, if you’d ever like to register a domain, I’d be happy to host you for free if it’s the hosting fees that keep you from making the leap.

5. Bitter says:

Speaking of, what’s with the trend of people commenting on Sebastian’s blog about my posts? Is the spam filter eating everyone? I haven’t noticed any legit ones get blocked lately. Granted, I tend to skim, but they usually stand out.

6. Breda says:

Bitter – I think the technological aspect is what’s keeping me from making the leap. Blogger is easy, even for a noob like me ;)

7. Bitter says:

WordPress is just as easy, I promise. :)