Machine Gun Art

I’ll bet it never occured to my friend Jason that he could become a contemporary artist using nothing but his M11 machine pistol and a caseload of 9mm:

Maybe now we can raise a first amendment argument for machine gun ownership ;)

UPDATE: Linoge actually beat me to this one.  He’s actually on my RSS feed, but it doesn’t always embed videos, so I must have just missed it.

10 Responses to “Machine Gun Art”

1. Maybe now we can raise a first amendment argument for machine gun ownership ;)

Sebastian brings teh funny!!!1!

tweaker

2. Dave Hardy says:

It’s at least as artistic as some of the *%&$#^ that hangs in the Hirshhorn, and more fun to produce!

3. Joe Huffman says:

For years Ry and I have wanted to do a very particular art project with explosives. We never simultaneously had the enormous amounts of time and sufficient money to do it however.

4. chris says:

even though it is fairly thin aluminum, i would imagine that there was still a severe amount of lead splatter… ouch

5. gene says:

My art historian roommate approves.

6. DirtCrashr says:

Percussive art is art like any other, and this certainly qualifies. It could be repeated in an expanded variety of caliber-textures to textualize and reinforce the originality of the treatment.

7. RAH says:

I really do not consider that art. I have more old fashion taste. But considering the absurd claims of art today, that is a lot better than a lot of colleges present.

8. B Smith says:

“I don’t know much about art, but I know what I like.”

Yeah, I’d shell out a few quid to hang that on my wall.

9. Linoge says:

Bah, beat you to it.

That said, I would certainly fork over for a piece or two.

10. Linoge says:

Oh, and I just do not embed video feeds… Years of dealing with an absurdly slow internet connection and all that ;).

1. Call me Ahab » Blog Archive » 1st Amendment Rights - [...] This is pretty cool, actually - using a submachine gun to create modern art. [...]
  2. The Blag Switch » Blog Archive » More fun to make than to own - [...] to Sebastian for linking to this [...]