Here’s what we know from today’s Board meeting:
- Carolyn Medows is NRA President
- Charles Cotton, 1st Vice
- Willes Lee, 2nd Vice.
- Wayne is re-elected as EVP.
- John Frazer is re-elected Secretary and General Counsel.
- Craig Spray remains treasurer.
- Chris Cox remains head of ILA.
- Joe DeBergalis is head of General Operations.
I don’t know for sure if Ack-Mac is out, but the Board is still in Executive Session.
Just an aside, I don’t know what the terms of the contracts are, obviously, but while I think NRATV has a number of personalities that ought to be shit canned, and the rest refocused on gun rights, I wouldn’t throw out everything. I might be biased, but I’ve always liked Cam Edward’s show. While I’m no big fan of the Angry Dana strategy, I think it helps to have a woman spokesperson for NRA, and even Angry Dana could be an asset if she could be coached to be less angry and focused on NRA’s mission. So I would say if contracts permit, bring some of those assets in-house and turn them into what they should have been. But keep real metrics. Push what works and throw out what doesn’t work.