Zombies Jumped the Shark?

Uncle thinks it’s happening. I agree. I’m noticing local teenagers putting “Zombie Response Team” on their cars. When your phenomena becomes popular among the high school geek population, who’ve probably never seen a gun that wasn’t in a video game, I’d say it’s over the shark pretty soon, if not already.

10 Responses to “Zombies Jumped the Shark?”

1. SayUncle says:

the show ‘death valley’ is pretty damn funny though.

2. David says:

The future is in werewolf fighting techniques.

3. NevynPA says:

Well, there *is* an offshoot of PAFOA with their own web site and forum called the PAZRT – PA Zombie Response Team.

• David says:

pazrt is quite a crew, the looks of some of them makes me wonder if they are a collection of zombies.

4. A Critic says:

Pop-zombies have indeed jumped the shark, ironically due to the embrace of the pop-zombie meme by the real zombies.

5. mobo says:

Zombies will never go out of style! Besides, zombies are just a metaphor for hordes of urban thug types during periods of civil unrest.

6. Roadkill says:

I think you might want to change that to non-geeks. Teenage geeks have been watching bad zombie horror and discussing what to do about zombie uprisings for a long time both in rural and urban areas. The shark jumps when everyone else finds it popular. Then it is not cool anymore.

7. Wes says:

Anything that gets law-abiding youths into anything related to guns is probably a good thing.

8. dustydog says:

There is some computer programmer in India or China right now, working on the must-play video game of the year. If you knew what he was animating, you would know the next big thing.

I would have guessed flying rainbow unicorns that pissed money and farted renewable energy, but I’m not good at guessing games.

9. J.R. ABSHER says:

God, this makes me feel old. I just don’t get it (and I’ve tried).

Old-school shooter. Old-school journalist. Unrepentant, too.

Love you and Bitter, though.