The Crazy Things People Carry

A guy in Pennsylvania is getting his LTC yanked and facing charges after he accidentally left his North American Arms .22 mini revolver in a nursing home. A staff woman found it, thought it was a toy, and sent a round into the wall. What’s even more surprising than the fact that he was carrying what I think is a novelty gun, is the fact that after losing it, he didn’t do anything to try to find it. If I lost a gun I’d be panicked.

The article notes he’s been charged with “reckless enlargement.” I guess we can’t have people out there enlarging things with reckless abandon.

12 Responses to “The Crazy Things People Carry”

1. JimB says:

The pistol, small enough to fit in the palm of the hand, was loaded with five rounds, Keirn said.

The gun had no trigger guard, which means it easily could fire if you “bump the trigger,” he said.

Especially if you cock the hammer and put about ten pounds of pressue on the trigger.

2. karrde says:

Reckless Enlargement…

What editor let that one through?

3. guy says:

Reckless Enlargement…

What editor let that one through?

One who probably has ‘guns = compensating for the size of his penis’ on his mind.

4. Miguel says:

I captured an image of the article before they figure it out.

“Smiling Bob had a gun!”

5. aeronathan says:

I’ve been wanting one of those NAA revolvers in .22mag as a BuG for a while now…

They are too small to be practically useful. Even sticking someone’s bird’s nest and pulling the trigger would be rough, I think.

7. Miguel says:

I have one. Arms length is the best you can hope….. but they are fun!

8. Alpheus says:

I’m not sure what to think about the staff lady that pulled the trigger. On the one hand, everyone should be familiar enough with firearms to know that you should be absolutely darn certain that a gun found laying about is a toy, before pulling the trigger.

On the other hand, the Brady Campaign is determined to make sure that as many people are not only unaware of the Four Safety Rules as possible, and there are certainly a large number of people who are unfamiliar enough with guns in general, that we could expect such recklessness from people.

My solution: to have every child, from the age of six up, be taught the use of firearms, and the rules of safety involving them. Of course, this solution would give the Brady Campaign a collective heart attack!

9. Ronnie says:

I just got my first North American Arms revolver – “The Earl” – a stainless five-shot, single action, 1860’s style, mini-revolver chambered in .22 WMR with a three inch octagonal barrel. I love this little gun already.

Anyway, I would never consider “The Earl” to be a “novelty gun” since it fires .22 WMR. Although it is not much larger than the NAA .22 mini-revolver, “The Earl” is still plenty of enough gun to drop a coyote when I am out and about in the wilderness.

10. unclenunzie says:

Despite the small size, considering the weight and appearance of a stainless steel revolver, the staff woman who fired it is a dangerous fool. I’ll reserve judgement on the original owner….

11. Brad says:

The Earl rocks! With a .22lr conversion cylinder, it may be the ultimate bug-out gun. Only eight ounces empty!

The four inch barreled version is even legal in Commiefornia. (California exempts SA revolvers which meet certain criteria from the onerous “safe handgun” law)

12. mariner says:

This is ridiculous.

There is only one person responsible for that stray round, and in this case it isn’t the firearm’s owner.

1. SayUncle » Odd - [...] loses gun. Woman finds it. Sends a round through a wall. People apparently do carry [...]