Since we’re going to have a mini informal blogger shooting event in Knoxville, I have to decide on a few rifles to take South. Coal Creek is an indoor range, so I’m limited to pistol calibers. I don’t have much that shoots that, so it’s narrowed down. Here’s what I’m taking:
- Hi-Point 995 Carbine w/ optics & laser sight
- Glock 19. This is my American Express gun. I don’t leave home without it.
- Ruger Mk.III Hunter 22/45 w/ holographic sight
- Ruger 10/22. I’ve un-EBR’d it because it’s actually not too conducive to shooting silhouette in that configuration.
- AR-15 Carbine. I can’t shoot this at Coal Creek, but here at Snowflakes in Hell, we don’t believe in traveling without a proper rifle.
The only other firearm I’m pondering is the S&W 629 Classic. It’s an awful lot of fun to shoot .44 magnum, but it’s an awful lot of expensive too.