Charlton Heston Gets a Stamp

In April, the USPS will release a stamp honoring former NRA president Charlton Heston. I initially found the news at Daily Caller, but they simply said the stamp would be released sometime in the year 2014. A look at the USPS website says that the release event is scheduled for a day to be determined in April.

If USPS is really interested in making some money, they would do it before the NRA meetings start on April 25 so that it’s a nifty little fact that stands a chance of getting mentioned to 70,000+ people who are more likely to have an interest in this particular actor.

Since it will be a standard First Class Forever stamp, it’s entirely possible that any mail sent in the next few years from our house may honor Mr. Heston. Think they’ll do a custom one of Charlton Heston in a Santa hat or holding some mistletoe for my Christmas cards? (h/t NYSRPA)

7 Responses to “Charlton Heston Gets a Stamp”

1. Scott Connors says:

I’d like to see one of him holding a musket, with the slogan “From my cold dead fingers.” However, I think that this is about as likely as oxygen atoms spontaneously transmutating into gold.

2. AuricTech says:

IMHO, 15 April 2014 would be an appropriate day for the USPS to issue this particular stamp….

3. Dannytheman says:

I have to agree that I will be buying a bulk load and trying to make sure every NRA check I write and every NRA returned address envelope I use is adorned with his face!! Keep a special batch for my my NRA Christmas cards. Might need your home address Bitter, or PO box #.

4. Chas says:

The only stamp to buy.

Love Heston.

Utterly watchable, over and over again. Heston was the best.

5. thefirstndsecond says:

While I think this is pretty cool, there are many who remember him not wanting regular people owning hand guns. He was a good face for the Corp, but was he really all about guns?

I think it was the Carson show.

• Dannytheman says:

I tried looking for any reference to your comment. I would think, as big and ugly as he was portrayed as head of the NRA, that a quote by the left leaning press would immediately be found. I found nothing. Or maybe it’s a urban myth.
      I openly admit, I didn’t spend much time, and I only Googled it.

• Andy B. says:

I can’t give you a reference at the moment, but I’m pretty sure that happened back in the days when he was a Democrat.

What was more important to me was when he said in an interview that “AK-47s are not appropriate for private ownership” — as a top spokesman for the RKBA.

If find it interesting that it appears no one here has chosen to remember that.

1. Charlton Heston may get his own stamp - […] Now I know the man was not perfect for firearms, but he was willing to stand and fit the …