The Hartford Courant is just fine with the idea of sending hundreds of thousands of fellow citizens to the gulags. In fact, they embrace the idea:
But the bottom line is that the state must try to enforce the law. Authorities should use the background check database as a way to find assault weapon purchasers who might not have registered those guns in compliance with the new law.
A Class D felony calls for a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. Even much lesser penalties or probation would mar a heretofore clean record and could adversely affect, say, the ability to have a pistol permit.
If you want to disobey the law, you should be prepared to face the consequences.
If you’re a gun owner in the Courant’s market, and you still subscribe, you’re part of the problem. They want you in prison.
31 Responses to “They’re Just After “Common Sense” Gun Laws”
- Another Reason Against Schummer’s Universal Background Checks | Gun Free Zone - […] Hat tip to Sebastian. […]
- The Daley Gator | Your Rule 2 Link a Round - […] Shall Not Be Questioned: I got your “common sense” right here gun grabbers! […]
- SayUncle » CT paper wants to jail gun owners - […] The Hartford Piss-ant wants the state police to go through their supposed database of background checks and find anyone …
- Round Em Up | doubleplusundead - […] link. O’Brien explains what happens when Big Brother doesn’t love you, this is a safe gunblogger link ) For …
- We’re Going to Need More Cages at A Geek With Guns - […] Shall Not Be Questioned I came across an opinion piece from a guy who wants Connecticut to strictly enforce …