You know, I can talk about not politicizing tragedies until I’m blue in the face, but that won’t stop some on our side from doing so. There’s a few things to consider here:
- I think its just as inappropriate for us to shoot our mouth’s off about politics in the wake of a tragedy as it is for the other side to do.
- The vast majority of elementary school teachers will not choose to carry firearms, and we’re certainly not going to force them to do so.
- There’s a time and place for arguing over the wisdom of gun free school zones, but hours after a tragedy like this one is not the place for it.
- I think even when debate is appropriate, our side has framed this debate very poorly. I like the way CalGuns Foundation frames the issue.
I don’t even thinking shouting politics from the rooftops in the wake of tragedy is an effective strategy, because when emotions are raw, any political reaction is going to be rash and not well thought out. Give people time.
28 Responses to “Armed Teachers”
- On Strategy and Tragedy | Shall Not Be Questioned - [...] few people seem to be offended that I’m not jumping right into the fight, in regards to a previous ...