The Truth About Guns deserves a lot of credit for breaking this story about the massive set up NPR’s On Point program was about this issue, which we mentioned here and here. I have confirmed through another blogger that other gun blogs received this request, so I reprint it here:
From: Matthew Baskin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Fri, January 14, 2011 1:32:22 PM
Subject: NPR show On Point needing progressive gun guest
Hi Mr. Blogger,
My name is Matthew Baskin and I work for the NPR program On Point with Tom Ashbrook. I’m writing to ask if you’d be able to speak as a guest on Monday, January 17. We’re looking for a gun owner and 2nd Amendment supporter who is not opposed to the forthcoming McCarthy bill re: limiting magazine capacity. I’d be very grateful if you could put me in touch with any gun owner who is not opposed to regulation. Let me know if anyone comes to mind. Thanks very much.
Emphasis mine. And we know they ended up, somehow, finding the AHSA shill. They also found Bob Levy who was on record at the time as supporting the ban. In short, they wanted no one on the show to speak for our side.
Given that these folks are conspiring to remove our constitutional rights, I think some guerilla tactics are from ourselves are in order. I am encouraging all my readers to e-mail their congress critters, and demand they immediately defund National Public Radio. Please forward or CC a copy of this letter to your critter to Mr. Baskin (see e-mail above), along with a short and polite note that you won’t stand idly by while your tax dollars are put to work funding one sided argument for removing your constitutional rights.
Hit them in the wallet. Don’t make it easy for them to get away with this.
25 Responses to “How NPR Shuts Out Our Voice”
- SayUncle » Presenting the views they want - [...] goes looking for someone who is pro-second amendment that will say they support the ban on standard capacity [...]
- Looking for a few good Quislings « Geek Warrior - [...] via Snowflakes in Hell. [...]
- What? NPR showing signs of some bias? - [...] Matthew Baskin at NPR was looking for gun bloggers to interview who support gun control. Is that funny or…
- NPR is Looking for Gun Bloggers who favor gun control | GunPundit - [...] luck with that, Matthew Baskin. Posted in Antis, [...]
- Listener’s ARs – 130 - [...] NPR shutting out our voice - Astroturfing [...]
- NPR Directing The Conversation | Where Angels Fear To Tread - [...] [...]