Podcasts

Caleb has been doing a lot of podcasts.  I have a personality that is really best suited to the written word, but I’ve been thinking about doing one just to see how it goes.  It wouldn’t be a regular feature.  What do you think of podcasts?

What about podcasts?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Of course, I’d have to think of a topic too.  I wouldn’t want to bore anyone.

9 Responses to “Podcasts”

1. guy says:

I voted “Snore”, but that doesn’t really fit my opinion on the podcast.

I’m really more of a text guy – give me the transcript and I’m a happy camper. For me, hearing their voices is just distracting.

2. Weer'd Beard says:

I prefer text, but its fun to hear other blogger’s voices, and some of the topics are (Such as Ahab’s last one) are really friggin interesting.

Once in a Blue Moon, sez I!

3. countertop says:

I can count on two fingers the number of blog based podcasts I’ve listened to – and both had very compelling guests over at Glenn Reynolds. But I didn’t find them particualrly newsworthy or worthwhile.

That said, the American Bar Association litigation and real estate section has a number of podcasts they’ve put out on technical training matters. I downloaded them to my blackberry and got a full days worth of CLE credit listendig to them while driving to Georgia earlier this year. That was worthwhile and I’d do it again, but I can’t imagine I’d have the desire to listen to a blog cast.

4. Alcibiades McZombie says:

You should just post videos of bullets hitting silhouettes.

Or maybe “World’s Funniest Gun Accidents Caught on Tape 7”.

5. Rustmeister says:

I’ve listened to exactly half the number of podcasts Countertop has, and I only listened to it to find out how to pronounce Breda’s name correctly. :-)

6. kaveman308 says:

Sorry, I can’t go near anything related to pods ever since I saw the movie “Cocoon.”

Freaked my shit pretty bad.

7. Ahab says:

I would listen.

I might do one, but I want to have a good reason to do one.

9. Brad says:

If you scored an interview with someone well-known who’s relevant to the topics of this blog, a podcast would be a good idea.