More VPC Lies

As all gun owners know, .50 BMG rounds with micronucular warheads have been strictly regulated under federal law since 1994.  They are unavailable to civilians.  The VPC greatly exaggerates the danger of this threat.

14 Responses to “More VPC Lies”

1. Jim W says:

I think that is the parody site. We never developed nuclear warheads that small.

2. kaveman308 says:

I don’t see what the problem is here as long as you don’t have a magazine stuffed with more than 10 rounds.

I believe this would be a quite effective hunting round. Fire into the woods( no distinct target required ) then go in and collect everything that’s glowing and eat it. No need to even cook it!

I know it’s a parody site

4. Ahab says:

I’m pretty sure that would be an NFA item.

5. Actually, they are only mostly unavailable to civilians. There are still a lot of “preban” micronuclear fifty-cals out there which can be found and purchased without any background check or registration via the gunshow loophole.

I could be wrong Ahab, but I’m fairly certain it would be a destructive device.

No doubt being smuggled over the Mexican border as we speak.

8. ParatrooperJJ says:

I LOLed. Theoretically possible, but not practical.

9. Mike says:

I have some rifles which are “minute of fleet” like the one in the video, but unfortunately mine only shoot regular bullets….

10. Sigivald says:

The NFA only, AFAIK, mentions weight of explosive material, not “equivalent”, so if you can make a nuke with under an ounce of boom-ite, you’re free and clear under the NFA.

I think nuclear weapons are regulated by other laws as well, however.

That and I don’t think a nuke that small is possible with current technology, especially in a way that wouldn’t poison or kill you simply by handling the round.

Mmm, sporting nuclear target shooting, at 1500 yards…

Unfortunately, it takes 10 kilograms of plutonium to reach critical mass, in a sphere of about 100 millimeters. Uranium requires 52 kg with an 110 mm sphere.

Obviously what this means is that Ronnie Barrett has traveled into the future to develop miniaturization technology, to shrink these devices down to only a centimeter.

13. Alcibiades McZombie says:

It’s just like a Raufoss round! The VPC has assured the public that they are easily purchasable. So, the solution is to make .50 BMG rifles NFA items… and those somehow won’t be smuggable* or [illegally] purchasable.

Like those Chinese, Russian, and South African .50 caliber rifles that don’t exist…

*smuggable: adjective, short for smuggle-able.

14. SteVe says:

Ah yes, reminds me of the old Birdman Nuke .50 BMG skit. Good stuff.