Sanford, Florida plans to announce that anyone who has a concealed carry permit and chooses to carry a firearm may not participate in the Neighborhood Watch programs. They can carry their guns all they want, but they can’t be acting under any “authority” of Neighborhood Watch.
If you want to contribute to the safety of your community, you have to leave your gun behind and put your personal safety at risk.
While I do think that George Zimmerman made some less-than-perfect decisions on his infamous evening out, I don’t really see how anything that Sanford is proposing helps the situation.
Sanford officials claim that the ban on people legally carrying firearms will revitalize the image of the program that has reportedly suffered following the trial, but I’m not sure how telling me that I should give up my personal protection and take one for the team is an incentive to participate.
The real message they are sending here is that even though Floridians who are legally carrying a concealed firearm have already proven themselves to be law-abiding citizens, they cannot be trusted when it comes to neighborhood public safety issues. Do they think that concealed carry holders are going to give up the guns or give up the program first? I can pretty much assure you, it won’t be their personal protection.
36 Responses to “No More Concealed Carry for Neighborhood Watch”
- No More Concealed Carry for Neighborhood Watch | Shall Not Be Questioned | Gun Free Zone - […] via No More Concealed Carry for Neighborhood Watch | Shall Not Be Questioned. […]
- SayUncle » Because that makes sense - […] Sanford, FL says that those with carry permits can’t participate in neighborhood watches. […]
- SayUncle » Dirty, dirty - […] That is one dirty M&P. And, given how long it functioned like that, it’s impressive. […]
- Every Picture Tells a Story | Daily Pundit - […] No More Concealed Carry for Neighborhood Watch | Shall Not Be Questioned […]
- Welcoming Concealed Carry Licensees Back | Shall Not Be Questioned - […] guess the Sanford, Florida police chief realized that banning people who have already had background checks that revealed they …