H.R. 38 – National Reciprocity – Passes House

Here’s the vote tally. It is not too much of a surprise my worm of a RINO Congressman voted no. Maybe I’ll volunteer for Dean Malik in the primary. Malik may or may not have a chance, and it would throw that seat to the Democrats, but that’s probably what’s going to happen anyway. Both the Fitzpatricks have been awful on this issue, and awful in general.

I don’t expect them to be all “machine guns for everybody” in a district in the Philadelphia Suburbs, but this isn’t going to help the GOP pick up those working class voters they will need to stay in power in an area where, among educated people, Progressive Democrats are successfully creating a monoculture. This was not the issue to show “independence” on.

Oh well, we didn’t need their votes anyway. On to the Senate …

10 Responses to “H.R. 38 – National Reciprocity – Passes House”

1. Patrick Henry, the 2nd says:

My RINO Congressmen Meehan voted no too

2. Ian Argent says:

Is the last Senate vote at all useful for predictive purposes?

• Michael says:

The ones on Obamacare weren’t.

• Ian Argent says:

Well, according to someone else, 7 dems voted Aye in 2013. If they’re still in office and repeat, and the 52 R’s all vote Aye, that still doesn’t invoke cloture.

And Rand Paul and maybe one other Republican are making State’s Rights noises.

• Adam says:

Unless I’m misreading something they’d have next to no chance of making a 10th Amendment argument. That hasn’t been taken very seriously in the courts. Also I think the government in defense would argue interstate commerce and win.

See previous post

• waltons says:

I wish jackasses arguing a “states right” to throw people in prison for carrying a pistol would read the 14th Amendment…. esp section 5: “The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.”

3. Sterling Archer says:

Pat Meehan is worthless. I’ve donated and volunteered for his campaign and he has stabbed us all in the back. Efff him!!!!

He might as well announce his retirement now. He’s done politically. I cannot begin to stress how disgusted I am with him. He voted for reciprocity in 2011…. What changed?

4. Brad says:

The Congress should rename the bill to, the Shaneen Allen Civil Rights Act.

Shaneen Allen is the poster child of the kind of person that bill is supposed to protect.